Welcome to the Palla After School SUCCESS Program!
Here at the After school Program our mission is to level the playing field for young people allowing them to build the capacity to succeed.
2:25/2:55-3:30 Snack & Gathering
- Students line up at the cafeteria to get their snack, daily. After they are done with snack, students are given a bathroom break and given time to play a quick game before homework time begins.
- Students are given 45 minutes of homework time. During the first 10 minutes, students are encouraged to work on their homework and try to solve homework questions on their own. After the 10 minutes is up, students may then ask the tutor and assistant for help on their homework.
4:15-4:45 Math/Reading Tutoring
- Mon-Tues are math tutoring days. On math tutoring days 1-2 graders work on addition/subtraction problems, while 3-5 graders work on multiplication/division problems.
- Weds-Thurs are reading tutoring days. During reading tutoring, tutors read a story to the class and students do various activities involving the story for 2 weeks.
- During enrichment, your student(s) tutor has prepared a fun filled activity involving sports, art, or science.
- During the debrief the tutor will ask the students what they have learned on that day, or what their favorite part of their day was using complete sentences.
On Fridays we have themed activities for the students. We do not follow our regular week schedule.